View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Hosting pictures in posts Reply with quote

Open yourself an account at
Www.imgur.com

This will allow you to host your required images for free and to link to various internet sites including our forum

Once youíve hosted your picture at Imgur, you are able to click and create a file link which you should copy

As example....

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/nk8LuFo.jpg

Once back on the forum, create your chosen post/topic
At the top of the window there is an option to insert an image
As this
Code:
img

Then insert your link copied from Imgur
As such
Code:
 [img] https://i.imgur.com/nk8LuFo.jpg

Then click the close tags at the right of your post window as can be seen here

You should then be able to click preview at the bottom of your window to check if itís worked before clicking submit

If your picture doesnít show, make sure there isnít a space after the image tag before your imgur link starts as below

[img] https://i.imgur.com/Y4vUw9t.jpg[/img]

Give it a go thumbsup
If you mess up just give Stig a shout or Nuggitt and weíll tidy it up for you
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
This wonít work on a mobile. (Well it doesnít work for me) I do mine on my laptop.

First of all before you do anything youíll need whatever photo/s you intend to send on you computer. I usually put mine on my desktop.

In Google enter imgur.com and register with them.

Open imgur.com and click on your username (whatever youíve chosen) and a drop bar will open you need to go to images. Click on images and look for the big green bar saying add images, click on that and you will see a browse button. Click on the browse button and a box will appear showing all your items on the desktop. If it doesnít you may have to click on your desktop icon. (left hand side of screen)

Then have a look for your photos. You could test it out at first using just 1 photo. Find a photo and click on it and it will highlight. (Mine goes blue) Then click on the OPEN button and it will appear in imgur.

What you do next is to go onto the Exup forum via another tag and write whatever you like and to attach a photo. Go back to your imgur page but donít close down the Exup page you were on. In imgur look for the photo you want to add and put your curser on the photo and left click once. A big box will appear showing your photo and a lot of choices to pick from. Look for the one saying BBCode (message board and forums)

Underneath the BBCode you will see the link that is your link to the forum. Click on that link with your curser and it will turn green. Now click on the blue COPY button.

Then go back to your post on the Exup forum and click on where you had finished writing a post (say in workshop) so open the workshop and underneath your letter left click with your mouse and then right click and the link will appear

If that works then you can copy and paste as many photos as you want. Make sure you put your photos on the desktop first though.

It sounds complicated but its really easy even though it does sound long winded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: