Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunk
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZT wrote:
Never tried adding a die to the engine oil. Sounds like a good idea. But I did change the oil just a few weeks ago. The oil below the sprocket and around the top of the kick stand looks very clean! Have already replaced all the cooling system seals, so the remaining oil seals are probably well overdue

Dies are awesome tools for finding hard to diagnose leaks. They make them for all fluids and it wont hurt anything to have it in your fluid. When i maintained a machine shop every oil had die in it, just to make repairs go quicker. If you have a black light you have a head start.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZT wrote:
I decided to replace my chain and front sprocket over the weekend. Already replaced the rear sprocket a few months back when I fitted a new rear wheel.

When I removed the sprocket cover, every thing is covered in engine oil. Not enough to drip onto the floor, but I cant for the life of me see where its coming from, so gonna replace all the seals including the water pump. So have ordered a drive shaft seal, gear change, clutch push rod and oil pump cover seal. As the water pump will be removed I will even replace the neutral switch seal.

So fairing off once again and another busy weekend ahead!!

I can see on the bottom of your sprocket cover dissolved paint where the clutch slave cylinder has leaked, you might want to replace those seals as well, that might be the cause of your problem as just a little bit of clutch/brake fluid goes a long way.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="creedxup"]
NickZT wrote:
I decided to replace my chain and front sprocket over the weekend. Already replaced the rear sprocket a few months back when I fitted a new rear wheel.

When I removed the sprocket cover, every thing is covered in engine oil. Not enough to drip onto the floor, but I cant for the life of me see where its coming from, so gonna replace all the seals including the water pump. So have ordered a drive shaft seal, gear change, clutch push rod and oil pump cover seal. As the water pump will be removed I will even replace the neutral switch seal.

So fairing off once again and another busy weekend ahead!!

I can see on the bottom of your sprocket cover dissolved paint where the clutch slave cylinder has leaked, you might want to replace those seals as well, that might be the cause of your problem as just a little bit of clutch/brake fluid goes a long way.

Never spotted this. Just ordered a slave repair kit thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: