Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Ride to Sherburn Reply with quote

Had a cracking ride to Sherburn coffee bar (milk bar really). big grin

A good crowd there today and that little maroon bike is called a Rumi. I've never seen one of those before and it was Italian.

Some photos...

Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Moto Rumi from about 1963 I think. As sold by Jack Lilley's in Shepperton, Middlesex.
Quite desirable but rare in their time as they were tiny but had more poke than a Vespa or Lambretta. Like high powered in line skates. Also bloody expensive.
Note the leading link forks and single sided swinger.
Also, the motor is fixed in the frame like a proper motorcycle not in unit construction with the transmission and suspension like normal scooters.
And another thing. See the rocker gear shifter more commonly found on Italian sports bikes compared with the twist grip shifter of most scooters in those days.
People used to tune the tits off them. Would not be disgraced over the C&F or Long Hill because of their corner speed.
That one would be worth a few quid. In fact, I would like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: