Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: The longest day Reply with quote

Seeing as last Friday was the longest day I decided to go on the longest ride via the longest way round.

I made a route map out on Thursday to head for Bedale via the A168 which runs up the side of the A1. All was going well till I got to a place called Dishforth and then the map I had didn’t tally with any of the road signs. I found myself heading up the A167 for Northallerton and not Bedale. I did eventually get back onto the Bedale road after what seemed like an eternity.

From Bedale I headed for Leyburn on the A684 which is a lovely twisty road. In Leyburn I took the back road (Moor Road) to Grinton, Reeth, Healaugh, Crackpot, Muker and then took a left before Thwaite to Hawes. This was the route the Tour De Yorkshire took. How they got up those hills I’ll never know. The scenery was out of this world it felt like I was on top of the world you could see for miles.

In Hawes it was time for lunch (sorry Teego but needs must) and I normally call at the Penny Garth Café but as I was walking up to the door I saw there was a sign up saying closed on Fridays, marvellous I thought to myself. I had a walk round town and came across the Caffé Curve. I went in and asked if they could make me a sandwich and yes was the reply so I ordered egg mayo and the woman said for an extra pound you could have a portion of chips to go with it ok then I said. I got sat at my table outside and was enjoying the warm sunshine when she came out with a massive plate. I looked at it and her and said are you having a laugh, there’s enough for four people there, can you and all the other ladies in the café come and join me. I’m not joking I know I love my food but that was ridiculous the egg filling was way over an inch thick, anyway see the photo. After getting my breath back from eating lunch I decided to try and walk it off a bit by having a stroll around town.

Moving on from Hawes and heading on the B6255 to the Ribblehead viaduct just after the village of Far Gearstones. At the Junction ahead I took a left onto the B6479 but I should’ve carried straight on and continued on the B6255. I called at the village of Horton in Ribblesdale and then went on to the market town of Settle. This is when I realised I’d gone wrong at that junction at the viaduct because my next port of call was going to be Kirkby Lonsdale. Anyway I set off for Kirkby Lonsdale on the A65 but with going wrong I’d added an extra six miles to the journey. Arriving at Kirkby Lonsdale I was surprised to see how few bikes there were at least 40 which is not a lot for that place. After a cuppa and a walk round I then headed for Skipton A65, Ilkley, Otley, Pool in Wharfedale, Harewood House Then on the A659 to Collingham, Boston Spa, Tadcaster and then on to the A162 to the Sherburn milk bar. After a quick pit stop for the toilet I headed for home. I left my house at 9.30am and didn’t get back home till 6.30pm after covering just over 250miles. A lot of the time was taken up with taking photos of the views which were absolutely amazing.

I hope I don’t bore you all with all this rabbitting on like I do. I just want you to enjoy my ride out and the amazing scenery like I did.

I must warn you there’s plenty of photos.

Last edited by nuggitt on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a great ride out. You did more miles in a day than I'd do all year if it was on the road laugh
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Ride out Reply with quote

Very impressed Nuggit, did a two day ride this week with the missus to Gower Peninsula but not on my exup. Furthest that's been this year so far is for its mot and back. Must ride it more, but only when I've replaced the fuel pipe (thanks again Stig!). Pic's when i do, some brill shots here. Nice one!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I've had a good view of Devils Bridge too (before gopros) when I was younger, all the way from the top to the bottom and I mean the bottom, 'cos the water don't half slap yer arse when you hit the river. retard
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love riding in the Yorkshire Dales Stig. The views, roads, towns and villages are are beautiful. Its always best to do it on a weekday rather than on a weekend it can get very busy with traffic.

Another good thing I like is when you go on one of these long runs, after a while the engine feels a lot crispier due to burning off the built up carbon due to some short rides out.

Come on Stig get them projects sorted out and get out there, engines are made to move not sit idle. I'll be out again on Thursday but I don't know where I'm heading. It'll be a case of point and go. big grin

We've got to make the most of it now the nights are drawing in. laugh laugh

Last edited by nuggitt on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonly1. I did notice a sign on a post saying no jumping from this bridge is not permitted. Not sure if anybody takes any notice of it though. I have seen lad's jumping off it a few years ago and there's a definite crack off some body part when they hit the water.
laugh laugh
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, there was a crack allright, akin to being wacked with a 6x2 plank on me arse! eek Guess no-one heard my screams while I was underwater.
Just rediscovered Photobucket, upgraded and free (at moment) so managed to upload a coupla more recent pics of my Foxeye - just pre MOT last week, only covered 168 miles last year. Still a good looker methinks, though drooling over the shots of your bike Nuggit, proper exup, a beauty.
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-fook, delete those links if you can Stig - copied link from photobucket for forums and appears to be useless. cry baby
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, stay away from Photobucket - demanding money now, freakin' .....
Even image shack wants money, what you using Nuggit?
nuggitt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've removed those links for you Bonly

I use imgur.com.

Thanks for the compliments Bonly.

She's my baby and I love her to bits.

I've just given her another treat today. I've fitted one of those Denali split sound bomb horns because I'm sick of car drivers pulling out in front of me on roundabouts even in my brightly coloured romper suit. The crap standard horn is a waste of time so I'm now ready for them. When I came to test it the bike was in the garage and when I pressed the horn button it made me jump. Its chuffin loud. Bit of a swine fitting it to the bike though, took me nearly all day. big grin

Last edited by nuggitt on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:

I use imgur.com.

Cheers Nuggitt
nuggitt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
nuggitt wrote:

I use imgur.com.

Cheers Nuggitt

My pleasure boss. thumbsup
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonly.

When you get set up with imgur. Upload your photo/s and click on a photo in your images and a box will drop down with different options. You want the one saying BBCode (message boards & forums) Left click where it says [IMG] and it will turn green, then right click and then click copy and then paste it on your forum post with a right click. thumbsup

It's good photo host but when you upload a lot of photos like I do. Before I upload any photos I always put them in numerical order. When I upload them to imgur they are all random and it takes me a while to copy and paste them on to the forum in the numerical order that I took the photos. You really have to concentrate. nod thumbsup
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to join Imju I think.
Here goes a coupla pics pre mot, taxing it tomorrow and try ir round the block again with Stigs new petrol feed pipe.

Whoohoo.... appears to be up and running, thanks again Nuggit.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Bonly. applause

I love that colour scheme. nod thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: