Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: A very different ride out. Reply with quote

I had a ride out to the Castle Hill Tower near Huddersfield today. It's not my usual kind of ride out. It was all 30 & 40 mph through towns and cities with lots of speed cameras on route, but I quite enjoyed it to be honest. In our area on BBC 1 Look North news Chanel, it shows this tower and I did some research to find out were it was. The view from the tower is amazing.

Here's a few photos.

creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thereís a lot of bikes in that car park for a Thursday, I guess itís a well known biker spot?
nuggitt
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those few bikes you see are just scratching the surface Chris. On a Wednesday night which is the main night of the week. You can get over a thousand bikes in the car park. I have a video somewhere showing the first time it opened from moving from the old place. Iíll dig it out.

Here you are. The narrator is a bit boring but watch it to the end.

https://youtu.be/3MsWWPmej4I
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, yes it does get packed, Iím not too keen on crowds personally.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creedxup wrote:
Wow, yes it does get packed, Iím not too keen on crowds personally.

The main days are Wednesday evening and all day Sunday. They have special events on every now and again. The 2 stroke meet is a good turn out.

My very first visit to the old Milk bar was when I was 5 years old back in 1958 and my father took me on the back of one of his motorbikes. That's where I got my first heady scent of Castrol R, and it's never left me. laugh laugh When I got my first bike I've never been away from the place. The old place was more intimate and we all knew each other. As time passes a lot of the old mates have passed away, but there's still a few old ones still plodding on, me included. laugh The new place is better for parking etc, but it's that big you hardly see any of the old faces.

Harry and Sue (the previous owners) are good friends of mine and we keep in touch and we often meet up socially at home or at Sherburn. I could tell a few tales of what we used to get up to, but I'd better not in case the boss of Total Oil UK might get to hear of it. laugh laugh laugh

Here's a photo...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: