Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: VINTAGE MCC MEET AT JUNCTION PUB IN RAINHILL Reply with quote

Near St.Helens on Merseyside, the North West Vintage motorcycle meet was held today.
Met many auld friends, glad to see them safe and made several new, over a couple of hours of talkin' bikes.
These are 'specially for Nuggit, as he'll know the owner of a '90 exup on show within the marquee with same brake set up as his own.
My Foxeye is over 25 years old now, must ask to have it parked in the marquee too next year where it's sure to outshine the older model.
Though it got its fair share of views outside in the car park. laugh
Followed an RF900 with straight bars into the venue on my Foxeye, both bikes from same era.
Chatting with the owner of the slabside gixxer, he'd owned it from nearly new and recalled a time when he did 750+ miles in one trip, two up, with his missus! That was then (probable 80's) and this is now.... bet he'd not want to try it again!
It was a good morning at the Junction and thanks to all at the VMCC for the event.
I'm sure you can ID all the bikes shown here.

nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a good turnout.

I can't bring to mind who owns the Exup. Unless its a trick question.??? You'll have to give me a clue Gary.

I have to agree that these Exup's get plenty of photo takers. Everywhere I go there's always somebody taking photos of it. I usual say to them there's a 1 photo charge. If everybody paid me I'd be very well off.

That slabside gixxer looks well and so does the Ducati Darmah SS 900. The Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans reminds me of a friend of mine. He had the same bike and he was trying to show off at the old Sherburn cafe bar. He tried to wheelie it up the street ,but as the front wheel shot up in the air his wife fell off the back and the bike cockled over to the right and crashed into a cottage. The petrol tank burst into flames and set the cottage on fire. The fire brigade had to come and put the cottage out. What a night that was. I must say he never visited the cafe again. Lol

I also like the Yamaha Enduro 500,

I used to have a Suzuki GT250 (Ram Air System) but mine was in green.

Another friend had the BMW R90S but he wrote it off by going far too fast into a corner. He told me afterwards about the crash and he said he was flying upside down in the air and the bike was above him and he said to himself I've got it all under control now. Always the joker was Paul.

My Doctor used to have a Suzuki RF900. He had it for many years and loved it.

Some nice photos there, and they bring me some good memories.

We hope to see your Foxeye in the marquee next year.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a Suzuki GT250 (Ram Air System)

Those were the days. To bring the new super duper model to market, fold some tin over the cooling fins and call it RamAir.
Just like the Genesis FAI. Of course its fresh air.
bunk
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooph ! That G slabby.
Teego
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunk wrote:
ooph ! That G slabby.

Horrible, wasn't it?
But the GSXR 750 Slingshot was the thing.
Performance Bikes tested it head to head against the RC30.
The Suzuki won on points.
bunk
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teego wrote:
bunk wrote:
ooph ! That G slabby.

Horrible, wasn't it?
But the GSXR 750 Slingshot was the thing.
Performance Bikes tested it head to head against the RC30.
The Suzuki won on points.

It still is the thing ! I have a all original 86 1100 and a 750 that has some work done to it. Seeing them weeks old at the dealer corrupted me. And all they had were blue bikes. I happily got the 2 of them 3 years ago for 2k usd all in. They both need a full go thru.

Finding fzr1k parts and bikes over here is harder than finding old slabby stuff. Slingshot stuff is a bit easier but still rare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: