Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: FS 365 Protector Spray Reply with quote

Right, I won it so I'd better give you lot a review of it.
Having owned bikes for the better side of 30 yrs., Some old,some new, I found the main enemy of a motorcycle is rust,it dont matter that your bike is garaged or covered,sooner or later, nuts,bolts
and subframes start to show their age. Alloy parts start to oxidize and discolour,leaving your pride and joy looking a mess.
Most of it is caused be winter usage and road salt and the fact that when you get home after a hard day or night, The last thing on your mind is washing your bike down, Your going to use it the next day anyway,right!
Besides all this,even if you dont use your bike in the winter and store it in the garage, the change of temperature at night causes condensation,which sticks to your bike, and starts working on it, and before you know it, It looks a mess.
Well, Thats where FS 365 Protector spray comes in.
After a few weeks usage,I must say,I'm Really impressed with this stuff, The only way I can explain it is,It seems to be the same stuff that Manufacturers use to coat metal components for shipment and storage so as to prevent corrosion and keep everything looking new.
I've bought bearings and drive shafts and many Items,Even spanners, that seem to be protected in this way.
You simply spray it on your bike, Best places are on your subframe, under the seat aroung the battery box area and even on your rear shocker.
I sprayed some on my Relay arm and over the bush areas and left it to dry.
When the stuff evaporates,It leaves a film of what I can only discribe as Waxoil,the stuff they use on cars to protect them from rot, Only its a very light film, Nothing drasic at all.
Result is,No more rotting, or discolouring of engine parts, no more screw oxidisation and looking manky. and no more rust.
I do beleive that the stuff will wash off when need be as it probabaly will attract road dust but that has to be done anyway, but after that simply re-apply for protection again.
So, my view is, If you own a bike,you need this stuff, I for one, wont be without it anymore,its part of my toolkit now, In fact I've sprayed it all over my second bike and its protecting it a treat.
Neo
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scan down the page big grin i reviewed it in october last year and it has to be said it got me through the winter riding everyday an absolute treat. lovely stuff!
rzv500r
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I was rather disappointed with this gear. I use my EXUP 250 daily to work and find that I have only got time to give it a clean at the weekend, the usual routine is to get it as clean as possible and then give it a good old spray with WD40 or similar, the wheels have been stripped and polished at the rims but never lacquered so are prone to looking crap after a short period if left unprotected.
I washed the bike as usual, and then gave it a good old coating as per the instructions and thought no more of it….. Monday, it was wet and salty, drove the bike in, parked it and done the usual stuff, drink coffee, belittle employees etc, you get the picture, finished my shift and……
Some BA&^%$D has swapped my wheels with a paid of white furry ones….. And the forks… And the rear footrest hangers, in fact any bit that was aluminium and un lacquered. So I went home washed it and applied more of the funny blue liquid and guess what…
Yeh furry alloy next day, I have gone back to a good old coat of WD40 and its back to looking non furry again. Pity as it sounded great on the tin but just did not stop the alloy corroding with the road salt, maybe I have been unlucky? frown but I would be doubtful about it’s protection on a decent bike going by my experience.
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Neo,

Excellent review mate, I'm gonna send it to the guy I know at Scottoiler if that's ok with you. I'm sure he'll be pleased to know you're recommending his gear. nod
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arc, The stuff is that good,that I'm making efforts now to get a scottoiler. I'm trying to fathom out a way of fitting it to the swinger without the use of cable tie's as I think they would spoil the bike.
Ideal situation would be to drill holes in the swinger,Top-front and rear underneath and feed the pipes through.They would be invisible then.
But I'm in serious doubt about weakening the swinger.
Got to be a way of doing it somehow.
Neo
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
Hi Arc, The stuff is that good,that I'm making efforts now to get a scottoiler. I'm trying to fathom out a way of fitting it to the swinger without the use of cable tie's as I think they would spoil the bike.
Ideal situation would be to drill holes in the swinger,Top-front and rear underneath and feed the pipes through.They would be invisible then.
But I'm in serious doubt about weakening the swinger.
Got to be a way of doing it somehow.
Neo

Have to admit that I was bothered about the tube spoiling the look of the bike when it came to fitting my Scottoiler, and I ended up using cable ties because the glue stuff didn't work, although my contact there now tells me that they do a glue that does actually stick to polished alloy. Once the thing is in place you don't really notice the tube tho, to be honest. still glad I fitted the thing, keeps the chain lovely. nod
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way or another its a must for me coz of the milage I clock up and the constant adjusting of the chain, and thats despite lubing daily.
My present chain is nearing the end of its life,so I'll do the two jobs together.
Neo
Thunder-Exup
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just hide it like this

i haven't used FS 365 Protector Spray but my bro loves it nod

i use ACF-50 but it costs £12 a can frown
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hidden dude..........
Stealthoiler laugh laugh
Thunder-Exup
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back macca cool big grin
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant even see it eek eek eek
Neo
tunguska
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
I cant even see it eek eek eek

See the clear hose running vertically above the blue paddock stand bobbin? It's very neatly done thumbsup; not a cable tie in sight.
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought that was a cable tie paranoid paranoid paranoid
must make appointment with opticians pretty soon!!
Seriously though, good job nod nod nod
Neo
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back macca cool big grin

Cheers cabrone', eezz good to be back smile
tunguska
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: FS 365 Protector Spray Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
Right, I won it so I'd better give you lot a review of it.

Meant to mention this earlier, but had a "blonde moment" and forgot. Since you took the trouble to write a detailed review, for which many thanks, I've put it in the Reviews section on the main site.

Anyone else who wants to write up a similar review of something they've used and loved (or hated), they'd be more than welcome. Ideally it needs to be a few paragraphs long like Neo's; we've had lots of short and pithy ones which I might yet find a way of using, but some more in-depth stuff would be great. Bring it on, chaps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: