Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Ride to Guisborough. Reply with quote

I had a ride up to Guisborough yesterday via Malton, Hoveringham and Helmsley. From Helmsley I headed up the B1257, TT road onto Stokesley. A cracking road and the scenery is absolutely amazing. I was going through a 40mph zone when I spotted in the shadows a tripod and a green and black Kawasaki Z1000SX like the one in photo. As I got nearer I saw somebody move which was dressed all in black standing behind the tripod looking straight at me. He and the bike were so well hidden in the shadows that you could hardly see him. It was Mr Plod with a camera and I was glad I decided not to carry on at the speed I had been doing earlier or he wouldíve had me for sure. frown

From Stokesley I headed on the A173 to Great Ayton, Newton under Roseberry, Pinchinthorpe and turning right at the roundabout on to the A171. At the next roundabout I headed into Guisborough town centre for a spot of lunch.

Now some of you may think all I do is eat and drink on my rides out. I must own up to that I am a bit of a sandwich shop connoisseur but I found a butchers / bakery on Westgate called Newboulds. When it was my turn to be served I ordered a hot pork sandwich and the lady behind the counter asked me if I would like stuffing, so I replied would you? laugh laugh Well the people in the queue all burst out laughing. I did have the stuffing with my sandwich.

Now I donít know if this ever happens to any of you good people, but some sandwich shops will give you a slice of meat about as thick as a sheet of wet toilet roll paper on a 3 inch thick bread cake. Well the lady put three slices of pork on my sandwich and each slice of pork was a quarter of an inch thick.

I couldnít believe what I saw next, the lady in the queue behind me ordered a mixed meat sandwich. The bread cake was huge and the lady serving got a pair of tongs and picked up a load of meat and placed it on the bread cake and then got another load of meat and I couldnít believe it when she got another full load and piled it on top of the rest. No word of a lie lads but the meat was about 3 and a half inches in height it was that high she couldnít fold the top part of the bread cake over it. I said to women being served blimey they donít skimp here do they with the food? She replied no they look after us locals up here and I said I could live on that amount of meat for a week. She also ordered a cup of tea and the bill came to £3.30. I will be going up there again in fact I might take Mike next time because he likes good value for money. The only photo I took all day was one of the sandwich shop.

Anyway after stuffing my face I headed back to the bike and as I got there I saw a chap having a good look round it and as I got up to him he said thatís in good nick. He also went on to say that he used to own one many years ago till he snapped it in half colliding with a car. We had a good chat about how good the bikes were when they first came out etc. I asked him if he new where the nearest toilet block was and he gave me directions. He also said when you walk past the Black Swan Pub on the way to the toilets the owner is the team boss of the Aprilia team Shaun Muir. If his range rover is parked outside then heíll be in. Well it wasnít so I didnít pop in for a chat but I will the next time I visit.

https://www.blackswanbrasserie.co.uk/

After leaving Guisborough I headed back to the A171 to Charltons then up the Birk Brow Hill and then onto the Whitby road. I branched off the A171 just after the Scaling dam reservoir on the B1266 to Sandsend and then on to Whitby A174. From Whitby I headed to Scarborough on the A174 going through Hawkser, Fylingdales, Cloughton, Burniston then on to the North shore road at Scarborough. After having a lovely Latte in Scarborough I decided to head home.

All in all the ride and weather was perfect. Sorry lads but no photos of the beautiful scenery because I just wanted to enjoy the run without having to stop every now and again. Iíve just re-read this and donít I go on a bit? laugh laugh
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ride to Guisborough. Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
donít I go on a bit? laugh laugh

Yess. Don't you get fed at home? When I'm on the road I don't want to stop for food. Maybe a cuppa from a layby van, then I'm on my way.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to fuel the body as well as the bike. I have a good breakfast and come home to a fantastic chef. I have to laugh because I only weigh 70k wet through. laugh laugh
Teego
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
I like to fuel the body as well as the bike. I have a good breakfast and come home to a fantastic chef. I have to laugh because I only weigh 70k wet through. laugh laugh

Lardass! I'm 60kg.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that because in my mind I thought you'd be a hunk of rippling muscle but as it turns out you're skinny sod like me then. You know what the say Chris, "they don't fatten thouroughbreds. laugh laugh raspberry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: